- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 7 years ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 7 years ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 7 years ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 7 years ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 7 years ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 7 years ago
Battlefield 3 Day-One Map Pack Announced
Oh man, what next? Although Battlefield 3 hasn’t been released yet, EA announced the first day-one expansion pack for it that will be called ‘Back to Karkand’. This pack will include four classic Battlefield 2 maps: Strike at Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman and the Sharqi Peninsula.
All of these maps will be re-mastered and will be using the new Frostbite 2 engine. Guess what you’ll have to do in order to get hold of the free expansion. Yeap, that’s right. You’ll have to pre-order the Limited Edition version of the game through the EA Store.
“These are evidently some of the very best maps we have ever built. We have unquestionable data and feedback from the community saying so,” wrote Niklas Fegraeus, lead designer of Battlefield 3, in an interview on the Battlefield blog.
Additionally, Niklas wrote that they need to be really careful with how they re-master these old maps.
“From a gameplay perspective, destruction is the biggest addition compared to the original map in Battlefield 2 back in 2005. I remember this particular building by the square in the original where players could defend very effectively. Now, with the destructive power of Frostbite 2, someone can just RPG that building and expose the defenders within.”
Now that’s what we’re talking about. This level of destruction is what most games need and what will change completely your game style and the strategy you’ll follow. And as Fegraeus added:
“At the same time, we need to be careful not to add destruction that breaks the tried and tested game flow of the map.”
Damn straight right!