- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 7 years ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 7 years ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 7 years ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 7 years ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 7 years ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 7 years ago
Jagex Games Studio honoured by prestigious Queen’s Award for innovation
Jagex Games Studio announced today via a press release that it has received a much celebrated Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation. Jagex won the prestigious award in the Innovation category for the continuous development of RuneScape.com, the hugely popular and successful online multi-player game and the technology that underpins it.
Published 10 years ago, RuneScape has been developed using Jagex’s groundbreaking proprietary technology. This technology enables users to access the game on almost any internet enabled device without the need for any downloads or clients, making the game instantly accessible.
RuneScape, an early pioneer of online 3D games, has helped shape the online games industry with a global reach of over 125 million unique players and thousands of hours of truly free gaming content available. Defying entertainment convention RuneScape.com continues to go from strength to strength year after year.
Commenting on the award, Mark Gerhard, Jagex CEO, said: “This award is a real testament to the Jagex team and their unrelenting passion to make Jagex a leader in online games development, technology and publishing. It is truly an honour for Jagex to be recognised with the highest accolade for British businesses particularly as we celebrate our 10th anniversary. This award will be a source of delight to the team and symbolises our long term commitment to being one of the best companies Britain has to offer.”
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise is an awards programme for British businesses and other organisations that excel at international trade, innovation or sustainable development. They are the highest official awards for businesses in the United Kingdom. The scheme was established as The Queen’s Award to Industry by a royal warrant of 30 November 1965, and individual categories have been known in the past as The Queen’s Awards for Export, Export Achievement, Technology, Technological Achievement and Environmental Achievement.