- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 7 years ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 7 years ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 7 years ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 7 years ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 7 years ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 7 years ago
Marvel Universe First Details Revealed
Gazillion held an event in San Francisco this evening, in which they have finally revealed the first details of Marvel Universe. Marvel Universe will be free-to-play, is being developed by Secret Identity and you will be able to play as all of Marvel’s characters. The game world exists within the canon Marvel Universe and you will play through existing stories that are told in the comic books. Full list of what we know for Marvel Universe after the jump!
- Marvel Universe will be free-to-play, and was planned that way from its inception.
- It’s being developed by Secret Identity, a sub-group of Gazillion that was formed in late 2009 specifically to build Marvel Universe.
- You can play as Marvel characters, and other players can be the same hero as you at the same time, which the devs believe creates “lots of problems and lots of opportunities.”
- You won’t have to choose only one character, but will be able to play as all of them.
- Some of the characters you will play as are: Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Nova, and Squirrel Girl.
- Doctor Doom will be the game’s main villain (at least at launch).
- Brian Michael Bendis is writing for the game
- According to Brian, “no corner of the Marvel Universe will be left unturned,” although he was likely referring to over the game’s lifetime, not necessarily all at launch.
- You will play through existing stories that are told in the comic books.
- The game world exists within the canon Marvel Universe–this is not an alternate reality scenario.
- Marvel Universe is being made primarily for adults (as opposed to Gazillion’s other kid-focused Marvel MMO, Marvel
Superhero Squad). They want to target core gamers first, and also make it accessible for everyone else.