- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 7 years ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 7 years ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 7 years ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 7 years ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 7 years ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 7 years ago
Original Playstation Games Still Rule – Why They Are The Best
Everything has a begining,
That even includes good old Sony. I remember when there was a time, that my famed (little did I know) soon to be vaporware Super Nintendo CD game system add-on was originally being manufactured by Sony.
Of course as stubborn as Nintendo wanted to be, they still seemed to want to drive cartridges to the next level. However Sony spent millions of dollars in development and decided to play the game that Nintendo once owned and get involved with the video game hardware and software production industry.
So, Sony said up-yours and went to town with their own version of the worked on system what we once called the original Playsation.
The first true next level video gaming console system truly capable of taking an arcade game stand-up unit and basically porting it flawlessly in most cases (if not better) for video gaming fans home consumption. And mind you, I can honestly say that the original Sony Playstation had a first hand crack at destroying arcades as we know it today.
So what do you you play now? Well, as the video game sagas continue, I can honestly say that a heavy amount of trash that comes out on the PS3 and XBOX 360 alike are obnoxious remakes of the orignal Playstation games. Yes, and original they were. There were no “3’s”, “4’s” or added on names. There was just pure creativity with the ability to finally do so much more. Therefore that leaves me with the question, will they ever get back to the roots?
I know indie games are flourishing now, because they are using great original fun concepts. And the really funny part is that many of these “DLC” games that many are raving about, happen to have the same great original mechanics that these once intuitive games had.
Well, here’s looking into the future and hoping that history will repeat itself (before I get tired and sleep waiting for it) !
UPDATE: For more future regular info and updates on the classic original Playstation games, please check out the official site: Original Playstation Games.