- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 958 days ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 972 days ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 977 days ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 981 days ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 986 days ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 1012 days ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 1013 days ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 1039 days ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 1040 days ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 1040 days ago
Ruined enters open beta phase
Bigpoint announced today via a press release the launch of Ruinedâ€™s open beta phase. Ruined marks Bigpointâ€™s first web-browsed title and is basically a fast-paced, tournament-style third-person shooter. The game is based on the Unity game engine and is playable through any web browser. It features six characters and three combat arenas and up to 24 players can battle to the deathÂ at the same time.
If you’re interested, youÂ can sign-up andÂ play for free by visiting Ruined’s Official Site.
San Francisco, CA â€“ May 16, 2011 â€“ Bigpoint Inc. â€“ the North American subsidiary of Bigpoint GmbH, a worldwide leader in browser-based massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs) â€“ today launched the open beta of its first title built entirely in the United States, Ruined. Set in wrecked venues inspired by some of San Franciscoâ€™s best known landmarks – such as the Golden Gate Bridge – Ruined is a fast-paced, tournament-style third-person shooter that pits players against one another in a competition to become the ultimate villain.
Created by a veteran game development team atop the Unity game engine, Ruined boasts an array of impressive features â€“ such as high-end graphics, effects, and audio â€“ designed to appeal to hardcore gamers. Playable through any web browser, gamers can satisfy their craving for action anywhere they have access to an Internet connection. Combat arenas allow up to 24 players at a time battle to the death with a range of traditional and exotic weapons, such as Bubble and Lightning guns.
In Ruined, there are two types of currency, Scrap (free) and Plutonium (premium). Weapons bought with Scrap are available for a limited number of uses, while weapons bought with Plutonium have unlimited use.Â Boosts that are purchased with Plutonium have more strength than boosts bought with Scrap currency.
Previously demonstrated at the 2011 Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, Ruined currently includes six characters and three combat arenas, including The Bridge, The Prison, and The Fort where players can compete in timed deathmatch battles. Players can play as any character they want for free, each one with their own strengths and weaknesses. At launch, the Mad Medic, Mutant, Crawler, Samurai, Enforcer, or Assassin are available.