- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 7 years ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 7 years ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 7 years ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 7 years ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 7 years ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 7 years ago
Square Enix announces Heroes of Ruin for Nintendo 3DS
Square Enix announced today a brand new adventure game for Nintendo 3DS. According to the press release, Heroes of Ruin will support online play and a wealth of social gaming features. Moreover, the game uses StreetPass in order to create an inventive in-game ‘Traders’ Network’, as well as varied and dynamic environments with new layouts, routes and monsters.
As the press release reads:
HEROES OF RUIN uses StreetPass to create an inventive in-game ‘Traders’ Network’ where players can buy and sell rare and powerful items picked up in battle. With an ever-changing inventory updated from each player passed in public, character strengths and abilities can be greatly enhanced through accessing items from other players’ games. Outside of the game, HEROES OF RUIN makes use of SpotPass to reward players with rare one-off items or unique challenges through local wi-fi hotspots. The official HEROES OF RUIN community website will reward players further with daily challenges and quests available to complete in-game. With social media functionality, the site will also give players a platform to meet other gamers, swap ideas and items and team-up in-game.
HEROES OF RUIN challenges players to carve their own adventure, joining forces with other heroes through seamless drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer or venturing forth alone. Players will enter an ever-changing world where danger waits around every corner. Heroes can explore and fight through wild, varied and dynamic environments, discovering new layouts and routes each time they play. Packed with strange and deadly creatures, these dangerous lands will stretch players’ combat and tactical skills as they enhance their character, collecting loot, weapons and armour to empower them on their quest.
Lee Singleton, General Manager, Square Enix London Studios said:
“With HEROES OF RUIN we wanted to take the game experience beyond the confines of the console’s two screens. Nintendo 3DS’ online and social features allow us to do so much more than multiplayer, using both StreetPass and SpotPass to give players innovative ways of enhancing their experience.”
The game will be playable at E3 on the Square Enix stand, which is located at the South Hall, Booth 1647. Heroes Of Ruin is slated for a 2012 release on Nintendo 3DS.