- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 7 years ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 7 years ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 7 years ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 7 years ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 7 years ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 7 years ago
The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings is now DRM-Free
Now here is another reason why we love CD Projekt RED. The company has officially launched their first patch and get this right, they have completely removed the game’s DRM. Yeap, you read it right. Following GOG’s example, the retail version of The Witcher 2 is now DRM-free.
Why did the company remove its protection? Our guess is that it was causing the slowdowns and they decided to remove it in order to offer identical performance with the GOG version. On the other hand, they might have decided to offer something as a bonus for all the troubles that most gamers were facing these last days. Don’t forget that CD Projekt had also removed the protection of the first ‘The Witcher’ via a patch.
And we are right. According to the patch notes, SecureRom was removed to make the installation and activation of the game easier and more stable. Moreover, CD Projekt RED stated:
So, we felt keeping the DRM would mainly hurt our legitimate users. This is completely in line with what we said before the release of The Witcher 2. We felt DRM was necessary to prevent the game being pirated and leaked before release. This purpose has been served, so we are pleased to let our users enjoy the full freedom of game usage they deserve.
Those interested can download the leaked patch as there isn’t any difference at all with the official one. You can also view our Performance Analysis to find out if the game will run fine with your hardware.
So PC gamers and Witcher fans, rejoice!