- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 7 years ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 7 years ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 7 years ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 7 years ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 7 years ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 7 years ago
GDC Europe 2011 Debuts Mass Effect 3, Slant Six, IMVU Talks
GDC Europe organizers have announced via a press release new lectures for the August show, including BioWare on Mass Effect 3’s creatures, IMVU on ‘continuous deployment’, and Slant Six (Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City) on production pipelines.
Taking place Monday through Wednesday, August 15-17, 2011 at the Cologne Congress-Centrum Ost, GDC Europe 2011 – taking place alongside the major gamescom trade show – will again provide the essential pan-European perspective of game development and business trends.
Following the first set of announced Main Conference sessions, including Brink, Blue Fang and Crysis 2 talks, a major new lecture compares the radically different creature creation pipelines used on Mass Effect 2 and the upcoming Mass Effect 3.
Why, if you’ve just released a game that got a 96 score on Metacritic, would you completely change the process used to develop all of the creatures of the game?
Answering this question, Scylla Costa and Brenon Holmes of BioWare will present a Production track talk ‘From Boxes to Life! How to Prototype and Develop Creatures: Mass Effect 2 and 3 Case Study’.
Elsewhere, GDC Europe attendees will learn how releasing updates to customers 20+ times per day is possible in the Programming track talk ‘Using Continuous Deployment to Move Fast and Release without Pain’.
Drawing from his experience at leading 3D avatar/chat firm IMVU, the company’s Brett Durrett will discuss why it’s valuable, and how to successfully implement the system at a company of any size.
Finally, focusing on three main areas in his Production talk Supersize Your Production Pipe!, Slant Six Games’ Paul Martin (SOCOM:
Confrontation, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City) will give valuable insight on how to create new, or enhance existing, content authoring tools and data transformation pipelines. Martin explains how these actions will promote efficient work flow for production teams – a necessity for today’s complex games and tight development timelines.
Many more GDC Europe Main Conference sessions are due to be revealed over the next few weeks for the event. This year, GDC Europe has added notable Summits on social games, smartphone and tablet games, and indie games to the existing line-up of learning and inspiration.