- Arthur, Magneto, MODOK and Spencer Join Marvel vs Capcom 3 RosterPosted 7 years ago
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Found on Xbox Marketplace, Official?Posted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Screenshots show Spider-man and Wesker in ActionPosted 7 years ago
- Wesker and Spiderman Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3Posted 7 years ago
- Tron Bonne Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3; Does That Confirm Mega Man Too?Posted 7 years ago
- Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Box Art Revealed?Posted 7 years ago
- Thor and Amaterasu Confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 with a Bunch of New ScreenshotsPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Gameplay VideosPosted 7 years ago
- New Marvel vs Capcom 3 Characters Announced – Doom, Super Skrull, Chun-Li and TrishPosted 7 years ago
Crysis 2 PC Editor coming this summer – free CryEngine 3 SDK in August
At last, here is what all PC fans of Crysis 2 were waiting for. In a open letter to MyCrysis, Cevat Yerli announced Crytek’s future plans for supporting their huge and active community. And yes, PC gamers will officially get the much-anticipated Crysis 2 Editor alongside with a free CryEngine 3 SDK this summer.
“So, I wanted to tell you about our plans for supporting you in the future with some really exciting news, which I want to share with you now. Modding with the most powerful game engine is coming back!” wrote Cevat in his open letter and continued.
“We want to see what you guys can do with CryENGINE 3 and we hope we’ll be as amazed with the things you create as we have been over the past few years. This time around, we’re going to do things in a different way – offering you the right tools to achieve your vision.”
“First of all, we will be launching an Editor for Crysis 2 early in summer. This will allow you to build new maps, items and more custom content for Crysis 2. For teams looking for even more creative freedom, we have another option: The free CRYENGINE SDK.”
According to Cevat, the free CryEngine SDK will be released in August, while the Crysis 2 Editor will be released in early summer. Cevat promises that Crytek will be updating their free SDK regularly and a new CryMod.com will be launched pretty soon. As before, Crytek will also be sharing their documentation with modders, which is written by the developers of the engine.
“Our next release will be the Crysis 2 Editor, this is for those of you who want to create content for Crysis 2. In August 2011, we will launch our Free CryENGINE SDK for all of you who want to create totally new content on CryENGINE 3. If you just want to make fun, free projects, you can do that free of charge. If you want to try and commercialise your game, we’ll be here to help you with that.” Cevat concluded.
Well done Crytek. It was about bloody time!